I’ve been researching a lot more into trends for 2018 and thought I’d help out fellow wedding suppliers & brides to be with a quick list & some photo inspo. Of course, there’s a Pinterest board for you too.
- Ultraviolet – the hottest colour of the year. We did a whole post on this last week for you to check out. Alternatively check out our ultraviolet Pinterest board for more ideas.
- BIG florals – I’m loving this trend. As someone who has got an increasing house plant addiction & loves floristry I’m a huge fan. My own wedding had an abundance of flowers and I’m definitely on the ‘more the merrier’ tribe. This seasons trend is leaning towards large, especially hanging fixtures & creative uses of flowers.
- Black Magic – It might sound crazy to have black details added to your wedding dress, but somehow these designers are making it work! See the 2018 bridal collections of Vera Wang & Marchesa.
- Copper Crush – rose gold’s more sophisticated, older sister. Moving away from the pink undertones and embracing bronze shades is set to be the metallic wedding trend for 2018. This shade is super easy to incorporate into a wedding and easier to pin-point than rose gold (which I found for my own wedding is interpreted differently by pretty much every stockist).
- Girl with a pearl – Obviously I was ahead of the trend when I borrowed my mother’s pearl choker for my wedding in October. Pearls are set to make a come-back in 2018 and it’s not just accessories being adorned with them. Dresses are set to be shimmering in pearls. I personally love this trend. Pearls are great for people who want a ‘wow’ factor, but without the bling. And if you love pearls, why not add them in your decor too? Pearl adorned mirrors, or dishes would look amazing against another stronger colour.